<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8579298958469279153?origin\x3dhttp://thisfrozenyogurt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
01 February 2007 1:47 PM
There was this once I chanced upon a rather intriguing book title The Outer Dark, and its very brief storyline caught my attention immediately. It sounded pretty good, basically about a brother and a sister, poor as hell, living in what was described like a squatter. They were alone, living in isolation, away from any town. It was basically about surviving with each other, and eventually about trusting each other because something sparked anger and suspicion between the two. This was interesting; my brother and I have on some occasion thought about what it would be like to have to survive only with the two us, before the small brat was born. With that suddenly in mind, I borrowed the book to read. And it was.. @#%^&*!!!

I ended up being utterly disgusted. Really. It never occurred to me such a thing would even be thinkable.

Apparently, the story starts with a heavily pregnant younger sister, a care-less elder brother and some guy equivalent to a karang guni (is that how you spelled that?). Anyways, half way through the first chapter, the baby was due, and the brother never got round finding a midwife for her. So he actually helped her give birth.. And the shocking part was that.. The baby was his child!! And when she was resting after childbirth he actually carried the baby and abandoned it in some forest, not wanting another mouth to feed.

OMFG!! KNNCCB!!
When i read that i just stared at the book for what seemed like eternity and wondered to myself, What the hell did i get for myself to read?! I don't know if anyone actually liked it, but I totally stopped reading that novel and literally chunked it back into the book drop the following day. Call me narrow minded or sensitive, but I just really really REALLY felt disgusted.

If you do not wish to know my train of thoughts you may stop here. Because I couldn't help but wonder, CB! In such living situations a man can actually **** his own goddamn sister? I can't write that word down. It don't sit well between a brother and a sister. Even if isolation from the world seems like a valid excuse.. Come on Man! She's your sister..

Okay okay shall stop there. I don't know why but its just that recently I've been talking to a couple of friends and the subject often enough turns toward the siblings subject. No one I know is close to their brothers, or siblings for that matter. Suddenly my rather close relationship with mine seems so alien.. As i pondered about that, I was reminded of the despicable book. Should really change my train of thoughts..

Anyways, its practically 1 week left before school ends and study week begins. And before you know it, the exams are up. End of year 1. We'll talk about that next time.


.
play