<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8579298958469279153?origin\x3dhttp://thisfrozenyogurt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
26 May 2007 11:24 PM
I was just reading an article about the Miss Universe 2007 competition and I couldn't help but laugh. It appeared on the Featured tab on yahoo.com and it caught my attention almost immediately. Naturally, I'm not enthusiastic about the Miss Universe Pageant and its gossips, because I feel its just SO bimbotic and dramatic. There's always some gossip or scandal or tabloid crap that circulates effectively just as the competition is about to air. Doesn't that sound so marketing to you?

There, I've just insulted half the world.

But really, I think half of the most beautiful and intellegant women are already diqualified or barred from entering the competition in the first place. Minus this group of wonderful women, and you get the pathetic leftovers in the pageant. Even if I looked like some supermodel or had the potential to make people go gaga, I wouldn't enter such competition. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a hardcore anti-Miss Universe, honestly I cannot be bothered much. And truth be told, I do like watching the show and root for the ones I like and criticize the other contestants, and the judges' score-giving techniques. Haha.

So anyway, I was just reading about one of the contestants who just dropped out because according to Swedes,


(it) is degrading to women and weighed down by scandals.


Swede people got senses. I think the world should share their point of view, i definitely do, but then maybe Donald Trump would lose much of his earnings. The part that cracked me up was that the contestants were breaking the mold. One contestant is vying for the title with dreadlocks and the other, shaved.


Miss Jamaica... is the first to appear in dreadlocks. She wants judges to see her as a "Rastafarian promoting the message of peace, love and unity throughout mankind."

Miss Tanzania...participating for the first time, is challenging stereotypes of beauty with her shaved head. "I never let anyone define me neither by hair nor clothing as I believe God made me perfect as a pure, natural African woman," she said.
-Yahoo

Miss Tanzania, going to appear butt naked? On national TV? I doubt so.. Haha.

Thankfully, I have such wonderful friends who do not dream of being strutters and these people keep the world sane. I think if the world were MissUni crazy, schools won't exist and there would be shopping malls and Janice Dickensons all over the place. BigBoobNoBrainers would be president and Ugly Bettys would be burnt alive, and men, would wear skirts and have boobs.

Dom always gives me that dumb face everytime I threaten to take a picture. I want to slap her.
Mrs Ron is best. She flashes that same smile however, wherever and whenever you take a picture with her. Now that's Miss Universe material!


I just finished my part on the ICT project, and I guess we're left with the compiling, editing and PowerPoint preparation. A short break now and later I'll be headed off to continue with my Marketing Management project.

And my tutorials. And my revision. I think I'm having my Business Law, EFMA and Business Finance ICA next week.

Isn't that just wonderful?

Daddy will be home soon, with supper. I love my dad. I acted pathetic and said I felt like eating some McDonald's, and after sending Gran off, he went to buy some for me. My some was an upsized McSpicy meal and some more french fries. I sound like a pig, i know. But believe me, I won't be the only one eating.

I'm so going to puke tomorrow morning.

Till then, Bon Appetite!




.
play