Flip FlopI'm always lamenting in school about how dumb the idea of this term break is, 'cause there's loads of projects to do and next term spells doom due to the many ICAs scheduled and deadlines back to back. But really I am more or less glad that such a break is scheduled. At least, you know, we get some rest. But it all still boils down to the fact that school sucks 'cause evidently enough, they don't want to leave us alone for the holidays. Obviously, we're still going to be reminded of school by the massive amounts (I'm exaggerating, I know.) of projects to complete and deadlines to meet.
School's finally out, and today, is not a good day. With the deepest and most literal meaning, i screwed up my ICAs for the term. Don't tell me you screwed yours up badly too because if you do I'm going to grab you by the hair and bang your head on a wall and push you off the causeway. I sat for papers with a blank mind and eyes that see double. I go to bed at two and wake at four to study, only to have an exhausted brain and body. And of course, if I hadn't been prone to continuous procrastination, I would've survived anyway.
Its at times like this when I know failing is a probability and retaining is a possibility that I start telling myself to buck up, and then I get distracted by my friend's cute friend and the thought that my pay is so low I have to forgo plans for a new phone and wallet. And then I get home and get all fucked up again as I unpack my school bag and get reminded of failing, and then get distracted again by my laptop, the Internet, and my library books. I would slap myself if I were dumb enough to.
And, of course, the packed week I had. I constantly find myself somewhere else when I should've known better and studied. Family Day, school, shopping, hospital visit, work, and whatnot. I've spent quite an impressive amount of time with the family this week, mainly because 1. I didn't have a choice and 2. We are in a situation that calls for a tighter family love and The Incredibles kind of scenario.
SundayIt was Family Day at Sentosa and we all felt more like shit than like a family. My mum got free tickets for the event and saying no would inevitably be rude. Everyone went wishing for more sleep and the weather was so annoyingly hot, I have no idea how to describe it. By the end of the day, my face was tired of squinting and smiling unconsciously at the sun, and my hair and body was sticky with all that humidity and salty air. We then headed to the Adam Road food centre before heading home in the evening. We fell flat on our beds and I had wished it were Friday. 


Tuesday
I skipped the morning lecture to study for my Business Law ICA later that day, but I still went to school at 9am. Later during the three hour break, my mum picked me up for breakfast at Ang Mo Kio followed by a short shopping trip at Ang Mo Kio hub. After that, it was back to school, and then to SGH to visit my uncle, then to work.





I think I can safely say Business Law is the only written ICA I am confident enough to assume as a pass. The rest, seriously gone case.
Its super windy and cloudy right now, I'm tempted to curl up in bed and read my novels til I fall asleep. Food and TV and projects can wait for now.