The other side of the Sky
Maybe nowadays God reads blogs, not listens to prayers, because just a couple of days ago I commented about my week zipping pass and now my days are crawling like a snail. A new day takes like donkey years to arrive, and when it finally arrives, I'm already pining for tomorrow.
Maybe its just me, because I have had nothing much to do than wait for the weekends to be over and for school to start. I am not excited about TEP or school, so don't get me wrong. I'm just dying for something seriously productive to do.
Its a grey morning, and Aidilfitri is, almost nonexistent. The only thing that reminds me of it is the constant repetition of festive songs blasting from the tv/ radio at the living room and the once-a-year gourmet I've just consumed. Other than that, I'm just typing away in my room listening to Fergie whining that she needs to be a big girl now. Everyone else is watching Kids' Central.
Let's just face it for a moment; it is painful. I guess we all find comfort in the norm, and when adjustment is crucial, it becomes unbearable. Nobody wants to stray away from the things we're used to after so long. No matter how much we try, it all comes back to us either by memory or by mere desperation for things to return to the way they were. We're coping pretty well, and it doesn't help that the day is gloomy. Coming home from morning prayers, eating at the dining table, asking for forgiveness, receiving green packets; we shed a tear.
Sometimes we look up to the sky and wonder what tomorrow brings or how yesterday has carved for us a future. We look up to the sky like God would give us a hint, but really we're just looking towards where we think God watches us from and we're hoping.
Its very painful daddy I wish you were right here with me.
That aside,
Happy Aidilfitri to all!