Could you hold me closer?
I dreamt of Daddy again today. He was driving, it was raining heavily and the road was busy. We were headed to the mall; Safi and Syazwan's at the back, peering in, and I was sitting at the front seat of his goods van. We were talking, though I cannot remember the content of our exchange, but he was happy. I remember his smile, warm and sincere.
But everytime we asked where mummy was he never replied. Twice, three times I think. Eventually we all fell silent, and no one spoke anymore. And the scene just slowly dissolved because my brother woke me up to take my medicine.
We can never tell, how I wish I could, if these dreams are messages, omens or just things we are deply wishing for because we miss something dearly.
I am ill, with a sore throat and giddy spells, and I miss daddy.