<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8579298958469279153?origin\x3dhttp://thisfrozenyogurt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
28 February 2008 10:43 PM
Plush toys for the giving

Secondary school used to be about friends. Bestfriends and backstabbers, rebuttals and confrontations. In my school everyone wanted to prove to be the bigger friend. Everyone wanted to be in the in-crowd. It mattered more who you hang out with because then, they define you.

I didn't have anyone to call a bestfriend. I had lunch buddies, go-home buddies, mother-tongue buddies, skip-PE buddies. I never had someone I'd call for a chat or arrange for shopping or sleepovers. I was too ignorant to bother. I didn't think it necessary. Honestly, call me whatever, my close friends would change every week.

I was just talking to a groupmate of mine during morning break about Friendster. Imagine the convenience and looseness of this:

Hey, I tried adding you as a friend yesterday. But I need your email address. Can you add me instead?

Oh yeah sure, I'll go home and add.

Yes, this is Friendster world. But imagine if the outside world became as simple and superficial as that. I mean no mockery, Rong Qian. =) Its just an example.

Friendship can be a beautiful thing. If only we can take certain things with a pinch of salt instead of looking at every detail with painful critic and judgement. I, for one am sad to admit, that I do take certain things only at face value. Not in terms of judgement, but in weight of effect. =)

Moving on.

I. Am a full fledged SPENDTHRIFT. Hello to a burnt wallet and a punctured bank account. I must stop buying things out of - the itch of buying. Who the hell shops at the school bazaar buying chocolates on 2 consecutive days? No not greedy. I assure you, my brother mercilessly devoured the dark chocolate bar I bought yesterday.

I've spent a merchant's sum on food since coming to CSC, and so I must stop eating so much. Think, FAT is no issue. Health and money, is.

Speaking of which, I shall go on a verbal diet.

Good night.
(PS: Hello Weng Xi.!)


.
play