I found my flaw in a coffeemakerIronically, I do not remember sleeping, but I do know eventually I woke up. Ironically, I remember watching the clock striking 3.00am, 4.59am, 6.29am, 7.25am, 8.30am, 9.38am and lastly 10.18am. Ironically I woke up thinking about life and the mess that burdens it. Sounds pretty typical but I'd like to think it ironic because I wish my body system knows when Sunday comes and we need to switch to the slower lanes in life.
Life could be an expressway, it could be bigger than the biggest roller coaster your momma ever told you about, or it could be like that waterfall that's become one of the world's biggest wonders. I remember that when I was ten and I played Hot Wheels with my brother and my dad would fix us race tracks with his spare wire trunking. Boy, would he twist and meddle with it till it got so hard to play but exciting nonetheless. Needless to say, I hope God does not meddle with his trunking that is metaphorically our life and instead let it be, straight and steady.
Sometimes I think I'm a liar. When I think about life now I think about the course it takes and the acquaintances we make and eventually the masks we put on everyday. Once or twice we hold back because we want to spare each other the feelings we fear, and we want to see, hear and feel what we want. But holding back leads to more holding back and this may eventually lead to lies because you're too engrossed in sparing harsh consequences you shy away from the truth and you think you're doing the best thing you ought to be doing. It scares me, because I cannot go a minute not thinking about sparing a thought for someone. And I'm not saying this because I need to justify myself as being your good friend, I'm saying this because I think I'm a loser.
Let's leave it for other days because today is Sunday and I am happy. Among other reasons I am happy because we're at the last leg of this torturous semester. The exams begin Thursday next week and I think I'm all geared up for my revisions. Then, I can wrap up my semester and tie a little ribbon and send it to the archives section of my brain. which I think is dysfunctional.
For all I know, we can define this semester as a crazy
hello-my-hands-are-empty-come-bombard-me-with-projects hell of a semester.









In half an hours' time, we'll be off sending my brother back to Sunny Island Tekong for another 2 weeks of gay clubbing before seeing him home again. Oh, I wish muscles would be like our teeth, where it grows but stops growing when it sits well in our mouth and somewhat remain solid until we're old.
Old.Old.OLD.Thank you Zilah, thank you ZiZi, and thank you Bing Song, I thought I was forgotten.
Love. =)