What was it you saw?
In the art of caring, time and again it tests our definition of friendship and love and brings out the realities that don't mirror these definitions. These we simply define through what we understand as perfect companionship; about blissful relations that even with the occurrence of minor / major glitches we slip through the rough patches and emerge triumphant and strong. Its about your beck and call, its about your listening ear and your shoulder to cry on, its about sharing your happy moments and its about going through all the seasons hand in hand, and what have you.
It was heartbreaking, having to listen through the line as you speak. Having to listen to anger and disappointment and sadness and helplessness and regret and everything mixed up in one fading, shaking voice. Having to imagine every scenario as you whiz by every account, and trying to make you feel better was no easy feat. I was lost for words.
Because it was all the more heartbreaking to know that what can be done is what can be done over the phone miles away. What can be done is nothing, because while you seek solace I have to weigh the possibilities and the limitations. I cannot offer what I cannot give and this alone, devoids me of all comfort and help I can think of. Its easy to say the most sweetest things and its easy to try to ease things with soft words but all talk and no action, kills me.
At night when I'm going to sleep I wonder if I had done the right things. If I had done the best I could do. If I had been the person you were hoping to find. If I could have risked things anyway. And when I'm going to sleep I wonder if you're sleeping alright.
Stay strong.