Yes, I'll put a flower in your hair
Can you recall, 2 and a half years ago, when I first met you, you sat on my right during the orientations, with your ponytail and neon laced sports shoe. You had a not particularly friendly smile but pleasant enough. I was scared of you, to be honest, and I know I haven't mentioned this to you before, but you looked so cina i didn't think you'd be my friend. Not that i have anything against that. And then i met up with you on the second day of orientation because we lived in the same estate and we needed to work on that personal selling activity for orientation. And from then on, I stuck to you like glue. Do you remember?
I remember those days, with my permed long hair and everyday sneakers, that when I meet up with you for school everyday, I knew that was the point where the fun would start. We'd have all the laughs in the world. It was never ending randomness, salivating for good food and awesome shopping urges, Ron Weasley and his not so important gang of wannabe wizards and many many unglamorous moments.
That aside, you've always been my motivation to strive for school. You'd work with me for all our group projects and even when I'm at my laziest, you'd push me in your own way that made me want to go all out. And then there were tragedies, and pains, and complex situations and complicated boy-girl relationship stupidities that required much of your attention and you were perfect, on the spot. Always.
You've been awesome, my perfect companion. Its been almost 3 years of uninterrupted friendship and believe me, I adore you. Maybe in some ways we're completely different, living absolutely different lives and maybe I've overlooked a downside in our relationship that you've kept in mind for long. But nevertheless, I treasure you, wholly and completely.
You're my Fish & Co. bestbestbest girlfriend.
Happy 20th, Dearest.
I've missed you.
(:
Although I'd usually do this at the strike of midnight, I wanted you to be able to see this.
I didn't forget. And we're not going to miss it.