<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8579298958469279153?origin\x3dhttp://thisfrozenyogurt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
24 January 2009 10:08 PM
Forgetting to lose

I never knew how optimism in life could appear ignorant and annoyingly happy-go-lucky at the receiving end of things. Somehow remaining positive and having good faith in pretty outcomes become something so cruel because it appears that you are numb to the hurting, blind to the sadness and insensitive to those whose hearts are shredded into pieces.

Its like putting a smile on your face when the one leaning on your shoulder is crying buckets. Its either you're doing a good job trying to make them feel better or you're trying to save your ass because it seems like you're mocking them to the world's end.

I know I've been there. I've been the smiling one.

This week seems to be productive because I have been studying and I have been sitting for tests but somehow it doesn't really spell much of a happy ending because I left both papers thinking that I should have burnt, stirred and drunk those lecture notes down. Project progresses have stalled and I'm slack because I think I've had enough for the week. I'm lacking in sleep and so is half the world.
PICTURES FOR YOU

1. ZiZi's 21st Birthday

2. Birthday/Anniversary Celebration

The Lunar New Year doesn't only mark as a brand new start for my fellow Chinese friends but somehow it also signifies the start of intensive project progress, multiple presentation periods and awesome revision lectures. If you've noticed, nothing in that list must be struck out, especially that last element.

In a very unglamorous and impromptu manner I had solemnly declared to my mother that I will be baking this Lunar New Year. Apart from the fact that I am trying to spend some time away from my slowly depreciating laptop and worn lecture notes, my mother wanted a reminder that she had a daughter.

I hope my kitchen survives me.




.
play