<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8579298958469279153?origin\x3dhttp://thisfrozenyogurt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
13 January 2009 11:54 PM
Mirrors don't spill

1.

To my brother's twin brother,

Happy 22nd Birthday.

2.

I remember the last time I went to a buffet and I've been told I suck at it. And then I went again and I still suck at it. If there's one thing that doesn't make my self-confidence free-fall, its conquering buffets. My brother's birthday celebration at Sakura was well-anticipated, and well executed, and it appears as if it were donkey years ago.

3.

I had an awesome weekend at the holiday complex, because despite it being a gathering that almost killed my family's enthusiasm as soon as we arrived, nothing beats the smiles and laughter of little cousins and niece and nephews. Its a simple getaway; when you're closer to the ones you love. I'll do a quick picture post on these when I have the time. =)

***

Don't we all wish we were a little wiser? A little stronger? A little meaner? It would appear to be a lot less challenging as a teenager when everything goes perfectly but then again, its the downsides in life that really prepares you for the next stage as a player in the Big People's world.


Nobody learns from the upsides in life; nobody learns enough, to be precise. A little mistake, a little heartbreak and a little pain goes a long way into making you who you are. But its funny, isn't it, when you think you've been through enough and that you've learnt your lesson, yet you're told you're making a big mistake once again.

I've learnt no one is perfect, not even the most polished holy man. Everyone lives with a nagging regret that feeds on their motivation and self-esteem, everyone has a little something to grit their teeth on but then again, everyone has a signature way in dealing with things.

I have my pains. I have my regrets. And I have my could've beens would've beens should've beens.

But let's just say I'm good at shutting up.




.
play