Tailgate, overtake
Batam was as under-developed as I had imagined, and the women there were not as striking as I had expected, given the fact that its popular for men to find alternative homes and younger wives there. BUT at least the toilets there were of better standards there than my last encounter with the toilets in KL. What I enjoyed though were the long rides in between stops, and the bumpy roads and the very different traffic rules, or lack thereof. (:
1. Shopping wasn't much of a craze for me because it was a headache I could never handle, to begin with. There wasn't anything unique or different about the shopping culture there, and the only thing that made my mum and brother go berserk were the really low prices, as always.
2. My brother keeps wishing he could change the currencies directly, because then his Rp. 750.000 would be S$750,000 and he can get married. My mother wants to get a big bungalow house and live like a taitai with people watching the hem of her skirt. This was discussed over KFC and I couldn't decide what was it I really wanted.
3. I couldn't get into the shopping mood because I went, survived and came back home with a fever and a splitting headache. I scared people with my smile and constant frowning.
4. The service was horrible. The facilities reminded me of a deserted old town where we were served by the dead. We were far far far from any possible civilisation, and we found out that the resort we lived in was a popular tourist attraction, light years ago.
5. Somehow this time, leaving wasn't such a great idea because I came home seeing things happen on the 14th, the day I departed.
6. Results are out. NOT FUNNY.
7. I missed Lena's birthday celebration because of an aching back, splitting headache, nose block and a stupid appointment I had to make it to. SO NOT FUNNY.
I am missing a lot of people BADLY.