<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8579298958469279153?origin\x3dhttp://thisfrozenyogurt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
21 May 2009 2:26 AM
That bit about tales

I must say, nothing beats the current bliss of staying up well past bedtime, snuggled up reading heart melting novels and waiting for the most bitchiest of dramas to load. Its been episode after episode of the well dramatized, if not overly-fabricated, tales of the cliched upper east side life in the set of Gossip Girl, with a good doze of reading in between to keep my feet on the ground.

It caught my attention, come to think of it, how I have always kept the softer corners of my heart for the fictions that are told to illustrate our very lives, be it suitably parallel or overly ambitious. And that, if I may, its been well-reserved that such tendencies to softness don't spill into life, mine that is. Maybe its because I cannot help judging, after all that reading and indulging in fictitious obstacles in made up lives, that having a softer side is like a weakness.

On the other hand I think I've had my weakness staring me in the face many times before. Wanting things I cannot have, willing for things I cannot achieve and then pushing it all away because like they say, if you can't decide on how to decide for something, the best thing to do is to decide to make a decision another time.

I'll figure that out when I do. Now I'm back to reading, and letting the dramas load. Next stop, Grey's Anatomy. (:


.
play