<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8579298958469279153?origin\x3dhttp://thisfrozenyogurt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
04 June 2009 1:23 AM
Learn to read the map the right side up


I've come to realise, how I am living blissfully and with little pressure to get a job. This contradicts the mentality of wanting to spearhead into building my career and working on my responsibilities in the family. I guess I could say, I am determined to get on with work but the art of procrastination is well inculcated, its pretty inevitable. Perhaps I'm being picky, maybe too picky, and that leaves me in this sad unemployed totally dependant sorry state till now. Which is disgusting, to me.

On a lighter note, like any educated (haha) person would preach, goal establishment is crucial in life and while careers and responsibilities are long term goals I'm working on, the short term goal was to be able to save enough for the overly-enthused Great Singapore Sale. Unfortunately I did not hit the mark, and I have a gradually growing hole in my pocket like the misfortune of the ozone layer. I cannot enjoy this momentous occasion to the the fullest capability of any teenage girl, the only occasion I can declare myself at least a hint of a shopaholic.

Since I cannot spoil myself well, I have come up with workable methods, I presume.

1. I will console myself that there is absolutely NOTHING on sale that I need.
2. Bad economy, so good sensible girls save for rainy days instead
3. My mother has a bigger wallet. And credit cards. I've been good I swear.
4. Bad weather means I'd rather die than brave the heat for sinful shopping
5. MEN.

Something's got to work right.

I'm back from some work evaluation/orientation whatever you call it and I'm really put off by the way companies are not being clear in their jobscopes. Well, maybe that's been the art of job advertisements but it gets pretty frustrating at times. Twice over I've applied and gone for interviews and such sessions, only to be told a different story as time progresses and ending up having me waste so much time and money back and forth. Mind you, they're all really an hour plus' worth of travelling time.

So now, I'm going to go hide in bed and read and drown myself into another time another world. I'll go back to working on my career first thing tomorrow morning.


.
play