The plunge
I think the best part about work is, having work. Apart from the satisfaction of having a day go by well spent, it proves to provide a reason to give yourself a pat on the back, or a new resolution. Everyday becomes either productive or so sadly unforgivable its the hard push you need for a change.
But alas there's a trick to it. Because, like me, I get so blinded by work, everything else passes by in a whizz, and you miss out on a million details that sadly vies for your attention when rightfully it should have been the center of it all along.
I've had two days of homestay and in this two days, its a lot of ease, love and heartache. This year the fasting month expired quicker than ever and similarly we're barging into Syawal. Sometimes I do not know what I want, because while work is joy and productivity is addictive, I too want time to slow down a bit to spare little moments to appreciate the fine things in life, family and love. I am one of those bitches who, quote, would live to work and burn later by the regret of letting life and love pass you by.
Hari Raya is no different, maybe a bit of a jump because we no longer hear bids to focus on your studies, but more to focus on life, and making right decisions. I am not at ease with being an adult, especially when it comes to public transport concessions, but that's the way it goes I guess. Time does not pause and ask, if you're ready for this.
Being me, I nose-dived.