<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8579298958469279153?origin\x3dhttp://thisfrozenyogurt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
09 September 2009 3:45 PM
We do not leave matters solely to the heart

When I was young I left men as I left clothes, in heaps on the floor. It seemed better that way. I had figured out that it was hard for someone to leave you when you're already gone. Emotionally, I always had my bags packed - a therapist, if I ever had time to consult one, would probably say it was something to do with my dad walking out on us. Besides, I took the Grouche Marx line: why would I want to be in a relationship with anyone dumb enough to want a relationship with me? It took Richard to show me that love could be an investment, something which could silently accrue and promsed long- term returns instead of a gamble that would leave you broken and broke.

Nothing lands on me long enough to grow rooted to the heart. As when I've lived to be detached, I might as well have lived evasively, in denial.

I didn't have a good start today. I haven't been having a good start lately. Its been increasingly difficult to peel away from the bed, and after 18 days of fasting I learn I cannot eat full meals in the morning or its washing machine for a stomach and stinging eye-drop solution at the back of the throat.

Destination Home is always soothing, but I need a stop at the mall. Give me 15 minutes, its possible with me.


.
play