<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8579298958469279153?origin\x3dhttp://thisfrozenyogurt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
19 November 2009 12:40 AM
If undelivered, return gently

" I'd like to be a C, I think, she says.
I'd like to be a full B, I think. That would give me enough to fill out my clothes, and maybe make my husband happy.
She laughs.
I'm single, she says. Maybe if I had bigger boobs...
Do you ever think men will value us for our brains?
She looked at me, deadpan, and let the silence lengthen, as if she's thinking.
No, she says. And we laugh. "


I'm not into feminist rantings, but I came across this. Which to me appears to be laughable, but common. Insecurities. Common, and laughable, but not so funny when you're the one with it. I cannot remember why I needed to highlight this, other than the fact that it brings to light something very obvious. Not that I have an argument to raise or a stand to make.

Its just, you know, ringing.

Maybe I shouldn't be defining love now. Too complicated. Nothing too charming. Maybe I shouldn't be defining anything right now, at this hour.

But I guess there's one thing we need to live with, its this fear, fear because nothing in life is guaranteed and nothing is secure because you me the sun and the stars know that change is the only constant. That nothing is solid, because again you me the sun and the stars work in different ways.

The fear that there's a change in course, a change in direction, a change in perspective, a change in taste. A change of heart.


.
play