<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8579298958469279153?origin\x3dhttp://thisfrozenyogurt.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
27 December 2009 12:54 AM
Its a wrap!

If I were to look at life by the minute, its painfully slow. Especially when confined by rules and supervisory eyes. When its cold and draggy, which defines most days these days, I'd take slow strolls through to the most uninteresting of places and note every small detail you wouldn't take a second look upon when life's on the high side and you're literally zipping.

And these small details, tragically, include the people you take for granted. And the people you love and hold in high position in your heart, but at the back of your head. Important, but archived away.

And if I were to look at life on the whole, like a backward glance, its a foray of quickstep numbers. Once I was flipping pages for tests and exams and then I'm tugging graduation robes into place, then writing and rewriting resumes and praying for interviews, and we're here. Months away from school and into the adult life. Even school after this doesn't sound like school.

I hadn't noticed, and it truly has just occurred to me how in 4 days we're wrapping up another chapter for a new year. Which paves way for reminiscing, regretting and loving, and energetic if not repeated resolutions.

Spending Christmas outdoors is somehow never wise, if your only objective is retail therapy or dinner out or the likes. I've been anticipating this long weekend factoring out the negatives of such a major festive. Time out was an instant chore, and after the eve and Christmas out, Boxing day's homely with a little successful baking. Baking eases me somehow, though I don't really feel its highness during the process.

We're onto Sunday now, the final crumbs of my long weekend.


.
play