Hopping for blisters
Because it seems so distant and far-fetched, the idea of marriage is pretty much a joke at this stage. The butt of all our jokes in fact. Who's going to succumb to it first, who's going to be henpecked and who's going to wear the pants. Who's going to do what to outdo who.
Its all leisure talk. So much laughter, the concept of marriage sometimes sounds so laughable.
But there are days, that I wonder how it will go one day. How it will be like to run the house, your decisions and implementations, your constant effort to keep things in order and to keep the ball rolling. Managing a house is constant effort. Keeping a relationship is a constant effort. There are days when I wake up and watch my mother sleep and wonder about all that willpower and drive. When I wake up and greet the day and think of all that effort to put that roof above my head.
These are days I wake up old and tired, and then wonder how, if given the choice, she would be so ready to let the load drop.